Evidence and Documentation
- Understand what evidence is needed.
- Gather and safeguard digital and physical documents and evidence, which will prove or disprove the complaints, according to the LLA’s established procedures.
- Document the source of all evidence at the time it is obtained.
- Prepare work papers, including reports of interview, in a timely and accurate manner according to established practices.
- Prepares well-organized, logical, concise, and clearly written documentation, including proper grammar and spelling.
- Take and document complaints of fraud, waste and abuse by phone from the general public for inclusion in the complaint database.
- Conduct effective interviews of auditees.
- Understand the topics to be discussed and conduct appropriate background
- Use tactful and professional demeanor to build rapport with the interviewee
- Understand the law as it relates to interviews and a person’s rights
- Effectively lead or participate in team meetings.
- Keep AIC and/or Manager informed of relevant information and progression of investigation.
- Prepare draft findings based on work performed and evidence collected, describing the investigation, findings and recommendations sufficient to support legal proceedings.
- Testify at court proceedings and legislative hearings.
- Organizes project plans and workflow logically and efficiently to meet deadlines and time budgets.
- Implement procedures throughout the project to effectively and efficiently address objectives and work plans.
- Research state, federal, and local laws, rules, regulations, and ordinances. Review Attorney General Opinions and internal legal opinions.
- Identify the methods used by alleged fraudsters and quantify the damages caused to agencies and others; evaluate the root causes of internal control failures; and make recommendations to remedy those failures.
- Work effectively as part of a team.
- Use computer software efficiently to perform assignments.
- Adhere to LLA standards of conduct, code of ethics, and independence as outlined in employee manuals.
- Maintain confidentiality of confidential and privileged information.
- Maintain skills and annual training as required by office policy.
- Perform other assignments as determined by the LLA or IAS management.
- Meet performance goals with respect to time charged to job functions.
- Remain flexible to changing work schedule, travel demands, and overtime when necessary.
- Accepts responsibility for actions and the production of professional quality work.
- Motivates and maintains a positive supervisory relationship with staff.
- Supervises and assists staff with assignments and provides constructive feedback to maximize on-the-job training opportunities.
- Reviews project documentation proficiently and evidences that review through the use of review notes or other documentation.
- Delegates tasks to maximize project efficiency.
- Establishes and enforces reasonable deadlines and budgets.
- Prepares evaluations and discusses job performance with staff.
- Resolves conflicts or disagreements equitably and objectively.
- Properly handles administrative tasks, such as approving timesheets, leave requests, and professional development plans.
Other Duties & Responsibilities
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities associated with it. The absence of specific statements of duties does not exclude those tasks from the position if the work is similar, related to, or a logical assignment for the position.
- Two years of professional level experience in investigative auditing, including one year at a level equivalent to an Investigative Staff Auditor 2.
- Meet minimum requirements to be a Louisiana Certified Public Accountant OR
- Possess an advanced degree from an accredited college or university with at least 15 semester hours of accounting and two years of professional level experience in investigative auditing, including one year at a level equivalent to an Investigative Staff Auditor 2.
- Available to travel within Louisiana on short notice.
- Overnight travel up to 50% of the time.
- Available to work overtime if necessary.
Please create a profile and upload the following to www.llajobs.com:
- Cover letter
- Official or Unofficial College transcripts